Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Smile!!!

I want to write about trees but that would feel this whole paper and it would be inadequate to cater my thoughts. I would want to write about flowers and the beauty they bring to the lives of people but the thought of it overwhelms me. I would want to write about love, my favorite topic but I feel I have written enough about that already. I would want to write about smiles… smiles! Now that’s an interesting topic. Not too overwhelming and at the same time, enriching.

So much could be said about this topic in as much as it is like trees, giving shelter and comfort; flowers giving warmth and beauty as well as love, a great expression of it.

Smiles are one of the easiest actions to do yet it contains effects as enormous as you could imagine. It is a simple expression of saying: “Hello, it is so nice to see you; Hi I hope you’ll have a nice day; I always feel glad seeing you; I love you and many words more which could be expressed with a simple glance a smile. It is also a bridge that could connect two strangers and brings about a lasting friendship. It could be a way of making others feel that they are special and that they are not alone because many people are wiling to help them and befriend them. And moreover, it is an agent that could lessen aging because of the positive effects that it brings both to the one’s who smiles and it’s recipient.

As what I have mentioned before, it is one of the greatest expressions of love because it is an action that removes your barriers from other people and shows your vulnerable side to them making yourself vulnerable enough to get hurt or to be enriched. Just like love, smiles don’t always get a positive response. It may turn out that in all goodness, you tried to smile but it turned out that others have interpreted it wrongly and they might misjudge you for your good will. But the chances of this would be very minimal and the chances of it bringing light to others would be greater than being misjudged.

It is the same thing as writing, sometimes and most of the times, writing could be destructive and be deemed destructive by others, but also at times, writing could bring hope to those who are in a state of despair through the light and wisdom that it contains and this is exactly the very reason why I write, to give hope to others. It is also the same reason why I always smile.

No comments: